Mozambique is a must. Below are 10 reasons why you should add Mozambique to your bucket list.
The friendly locals.
- Wherever you travel in Mozambique, you will see bright white or toothless smiles.
- The friendliness of the locals is legendary and will add an awesome flavour to your stay.
Mozambique is a tropic paradise.
- The tropical climate consists of lovely warm weather.
- Some random spectacular thunderstorms furthermore expose another facet of this country’s breathtaking beauty.
Natural beauty and spectacular scenery.
- The untamed wilderness of the area with lush greens and tropical plants which is totally opposite to the Namibian desert.
- Much of Mozambique is still wild and natural, therefore, it is truly an awe-inspiring sight to behold.
Exquisite wood carvings.
- Not only are the locals friendly, but they are also exceptionally talented at wood carving.
- Different types of wood are used for different carvings and the carvings are often representative of their heritage and family history.
Sandy beaches with clear water.
- Mozambique is famed for its beautiful beaches in addition to its clear water and sunny days.
- Days can be spent on the white sand next to the tropical waters or at the many beach bars.
- Surfing and kayaking is another key point to Mozambique’s popularity.
Dhows with billowing sails.
- The dhows are spectacular sailboats that remind us of a romantic time long gone.
- Take a dhow safari to discover some of the secrets that hide along the coastline.
- Tropical fish, whale sharks, manta rays, dugongs and many more marine creatures can be found along the coast of Mozambique.
- The sightings of these marine animals are nothing short of spectacular.
- Diving, snorkelling and fishing are only a few of the water-based activities on offer.
Music and dance.
- Mozambique has a rich cultural history and music plays a big part in this.
- Most instruments are hand-made and dancing often accompanies celebrations and rituals.
- Mozambican music is reggae-ish mixed together with African influences.
- Musical instruments consist of the marimba, different flutes and drums among others.
- This would surely be the number one reason to visit this country coupled with all the other 9 points.
- The country has, without doubt, a laid back happy vibe probably because of the great food and music.
The food is number one right alongside the vibe.
- Portuguese culture has a heavy influence on the food.
- Some of the delicious foods in Mozambique include juicy prawns, Portuguese rolls, peri-peri dishes, tropical fruits, samosas, crab, crayfish.
- Delicious seafood is fresh, plentiful as well as affordable.
- Friendly tropical paradise
- Offers spectacular natural beauty.
- Stunning clear water and sandy beaches
- Delicious food and vibey music
- Ideal holiday destination.